Tuesday, February 8, 2011

DIY - Detachable Bow Tie Necklace

I've been thinking of doing this DIY for awhile and I was thinking to myself last night, "I haven't been posting much, why don't I do a DIY?", so here is the bow tie necklace inspiration from Urban Outfitters that is $28:

What You'll Need:
  • An old necklace chain (or just one you have, remember, the bow tie is detachable!)
  • 11 inches long and 2 inches wide strip of fabric of your choice
  • another strip 2 1/2 inches long and 3/4 inch wide strip of the same fabric
  • shears (scissors for fabric)
  • needle and thread that matches your fabric or close to it  
Step One:
Take your strip of fabric and fold it over (like a band)
Step Two:
Stitch the fabric 1/2 inches in (I circled the stitch in red because you can't see the thread color well)
Step Three:
Pinch the fabric in the middle then take the 2 1/2 inch long and 3/4 inch wide strip and wrap it around until it ends (if it stops in the front, just cut some of it off so the stitch you will make will be in the back).
Step Four:
Stitch the fabric (in a couple lines would be best) to the bow. Then take your necklace chain and put it through the loop in the strip of fabric and you have your (detachable) bow tie necklace!
My final product:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment