Monday, January 31, 2011

17th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Fashion Recap



Julia Stiles in Monique Lhuillier
This had to be my favorite dress from last night. Julia Stiles looked gorgeous in this ombre gown and her hair and makeup pulled the look together.

Mila Kunis in Alexander McQueen
I think Mila was glowing in this abstract floral gown. I'm not so sure about that belt, but it defines her waist perfectly. 

Diana Agron in Vintage Chanel
The midnight blue color looked gorgeous on Diana and I love the simple shape but the way it hit her on her legs just didn't look right to me.

Lea Michelle in Oscar de la Renta  
Lea looked stunning in this white sparkly gown and her makeup worked so well with it. Her jewelry was simple and her hair was cut at just the right length to show off her dress. Lovely!

Hailee Steinfield in Prada
 Okay, I've had a battle with this dress. I like it but I don't. It looks lovely on her but I absolutely do not like that lowered skirt.

Jayma Mays in Jenny Packham 
  
This peachy color and the sheath shape looked so gorgeous on her. She showed off the right amount of leg with the thigh high slit.

Giuliana Rancic in Ema Savahl
  
Last night when I was looking for these pictures, I found many comments on one website saying how people thought she was annoying, extremely skinny, and how this gown makes her look shapeless. I think this dress was so radiant on her, I think it might tie for second place (with Mila Kunis' McQueen gown). I love how it tiers down and makes her look like she's glowing.

Jennifer Lawrence in Oscar de la Renta
Channeling the bright color trend for the summer, Jennifer Lawrence wore this hot pink number and rocked it. I like the complicated straps on her shoulders and the velvet (I'm pretty sure it's velvet) bow on the waist pulls the look together.

Winona Ryder in Alberta Ferretti  
While I liked the dress, I couldn't stop looking at her eyes because she just looked crazy! (Here are some examples: 1, 2, 3) Her makeup was too intense for this dress so maybe that's why she wanted her eyes to look bigger.

Angie Harmon in Monique Lhuillier
This is a dress that had a lot of controversy last night, it's a dress you can either love or hate. I think it works well on her, the color; the feathers; the shape.
 
Kim Kardashian in Marchesa
I love the color of this dress and I usually love Marchesa's gown designs, but this just looked unfinished and messy. The lace was just too close together and kind of just random. The rest of her look looked fabulous, though!

Ladies of Hot In Cleveland 
I looked everywhere and could not find the designers of these dresses, so if anyone could tell me that would be great. Anyway, Valerie Bertenelli looks amazing for 50 in the red strapless gown; Wendie Malick is 60 (who would've guessed!) and she looks absolutely stunning in the midnight blue gown; Jane Leeves is the youngest of the three (she's 49) and she looked so youthful but elegant in the sparkly light to dark gown.

Lauren Velez
Again, I looked everywhere for the designer of this dress and I could not find who it was, so if anyone could tell me, that would be great. This dress is on my worst dressed of the night. The two different fabrics on the dress just doesn't look right, the way it hits her does not flatter her at all, and her makeup was just too much and made her look old. The dress just kind of looks like a little kid's "dress up" dress. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment