Saturday, January 22, 2011

Style Pile

I found a link over at College Fashion that they were totally obsessed with and it inspired me to make my own "style pile" because the reason I made this blog was so that I would be motivated to dress more like myself on a daily basis (there have been a lot of days where I just throw on jeans and a t-shirt) and fashion will always be a passion of mine. So without further ado, here is my own style pile.

My Style: I've been through a lot of trial and error because I've tried so many styles throughout my life but I think my style is very eclectic. My style changes all the time and I wear different things everyday; one day it's a little rock and roll or grungy, the next it's bohemian, and the next it's feminine. Being a Gemini definitely defines how much my style is changing. I'm always looking to re-invent a lot of pieces I've had for awhile in my wardrobe so I don't feel tempted to shop and I love to DIY things.

I'm inspired by: Everything! Most of the time it has a lot to do with the music I happen to listen to while getting ready. I also get some inspiration from Seventeen. I don't remember my mom but in the pictures I have of her and by what people that knew her tell me that her style was really classic so I love that. I'm always looking on the internet for outfit ideas. Being born in the early 90's definitely had an effect on my style; I love to dress in some edgy pieces. Also when I'm just going out to the grocery store or something, I'll just throw on my pair of high top Chucks but I am definitely a heels girl! Although, some days I feel like I was born in the wrong decade (even though I am truly a 90's girl!) because I love 60's, 70's, and 80's stuff so I have some secondhand items from my mom.

Something most people don't know about me: I think my biggest guilty pleasure is NSYNC. I still listen to and love them.

In my style pile: My favorite pair of heels, my film camera, The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe (my favorite author), a red necklace that used to be my best friend's great grandmother's, my favorite blue ring from Forever21, dark red nail polish from e.l.f., secondhand earrings from my mom, the latest Seventeen issue, my (faux) leather jacket, my favorite giant bangle, a bright red bracelet my grandma gave me, a photograph of my mother and me before she died, and my favorite plastic flower bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment